Toronto, Ontario, May 31, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Fall Flavours Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Downtown Toronto Launch
The Fall Flavours Festival team were in downtown Toronto today to celebrate the festival’s 10th anniversary and announce the 2017 Signature Event and celebrity chef lineup. On hand were celebrity chefs Chuck Hughes, Corbin and David Rocco to help celebrate this announcement.
Visitors were treated to delicious Island flavours including PEI Mussels, Oysters, Beef-Sliders, Island potatoes and a live performance by Prince Edward Island fiddler, Richard Wood.
New to the all-star lineup this year are celebrity chefs David Rocco and Danny Smiles who are joined by fan favourites Chuck Hughes, Lynn Crawford, Mark McEwan, Vikram Vij, Corbin Tomaszeski and PEI’s own Michael Smith. Proudly presented by Sobeys and hosted by Canada’s Food Island, Fall Flavours takes place at locations across Prince Edward Island from September 1st – October 1st, 2017.
“With these incredible celebrity chefs and our talented local chefs, guests can enjoy the authentic tastes of Prince Edward Island in some of the most engaging ways at locations you can only imagine,” says John Rowe, Chair of Food Island Partnership, the organizing group for Fall Flavours. “These events on Canada’s Food Island are truly like no other. I encourage people to get their tickets early, as many events sell-out quickly.”
Signature Events for 2017 are:
- Le Festin acadien avec homard (September 1, Chef Danny Smiles)
- Toe Taps & Taters (Sept. 8, Chef Chuck Hughes)
- Oysters on the Pier (Sept. 9, Chef Michael Smith)
- Lobster Party on the Beach (Sept. 10, Chef Mark McEwan)
- PEI International Shellfish Festival and Feast & Frolic (Sept. 14 – 17, Chef Lynn Crawford and Chef Chuck Hughes)
- Beef N’ Blues (Sept. 15, Chef Michael Smith)
- Savour Victoria (Sept. 22, Chef David Rocco)
- Namaste Lamb (Sept. 23, Chef Vikram Vij)
- Great Big BBQ (Sept. 28, Chef Corbin)
- Chef’s Island (Sept. 30, Chef Michael Smith)
- Grilling and Chilling (October 1, Chef Michael Smith)
In addition to the eleven Signature Events, the festival features Culinary Events, Culinary Adventures, special Restaurant Dining and, new this year, Taste of Coastal Communities events. Set in some unexpected seaside venues, these charming experiences will feature the best from the Island’s towns and villages that sit by the sea. Stay tuned as details and events to be announced mid-June.
Tickets are on sale now, with Early Bird Prices (10% off) in effect until August 31st. Visit www.fallflavours.ca to purchase tickets. AIR MILES has joined as an official ticketing partner with guests able to redeem their AIR MILES Reward Miles online for Signature Event tickets. For more information please visit: www.airmiles.ca
For information, visit www.fallflavours.ca or call 1-866-960-9912.
Morgan Martin, Food Island Partnership
(902) 367 – 4411
The Fall Flavours Festival is hosted by Canada’s Food Island and is an initiative of the Food Island Partnership.