Hello to our Fall Flavours community and followers!
This year is unlike any other and, in the interest of the health and safety of our guests, industry partners, and culinary community, we regret that we are unable to host the 2020 PEI Fall Flavours Festival in its regular format.
While we can’t host our large Signature events and Taste of Coastal Community events, there are still plenty of ways to explore and experience the incredible bounty of Canada’s Food Island. And this year your support of our Island’s farming and fishing communities means more than ever.
Here are a few great ways you can discover Canada’s Food Island and support the passionate and skilled folks that have made PEI a must-visit culinary destination:
- Take a self-guided culinary tour of the Island. Plan out every stop or hit the road and see where it takes you! Either way, you’ll be sure to discover delicious food, picturesque fishing villages, friendly Island hospitality, craft breweries, farm stands, and more!
- Book a Stay & Savour package with one of over 20 PEI accommodation providers and enjoy FREE gift cards that you can use to enjoy local restaurants, markets, culinary adventures, and more! The longer you stay, the more gift cards you receive.
- Feed your adventurous side with a unique PEI experience, such as deep-sea fishing, clam digging, or hauling your own lobster in from the ocean.
- Enjoy a taste of the Island no matter where you live in Canada with PEI In a Box from Experience PEI. This carefully-curated culinary box is filled with flavours from PEI, including lobster or chowder, PEI potatoes, COWS cheese, and much more, and delivered directly to your door.
- Get inspiration for your PEI foodie road trips by following our Local Food Advocates, as they showcase some of the Island’s hidden gems and beloved local spots to eat, drink and be merry.
- Live in Toronto and need your PEI food fix? Hook yourself up with a Canada’s Food Island Meal Kit. The kits offer a PEI Patio Party in a box featuring PEI lobster, oysters, mussels, potatoes, and beef along with chef-inspired menus created by The McEwan Group.
- Support local with Canada’s Food Island’s new gift card initiative, On Sale September 25th, 2020.
We hope these suggestions provide inspiration for experiencing Canada’s Food Island’s world famous flavours this fall and beyond. We look forward to seeing outtakes of your PEI culinary experiences on social media and hearing your stories when we come together again for the 2021 Fall Flavours Festival!
The PEI Fall Flavours Festival